pandan paste and lotus paste (with sliced almond)
A full picture of the snowskin mooncake
The pictures shown is the first attempt for making snow skin mooncake. In actual fact, the first attempt was using the Premix snowskin flour. Well, all I can say is I am not brave enough to try making it on scratch. Sometimes, we all should be content of what we can get from shop. Esp. those are ready made for you... such a small thing takes up alot of our time to prepare and to knead it and to weigh every single piece of it... just making around 30 pcs of it takes up more than two (2) hours of job.. it is really tiring... but sometimes thinking about it, making for ur love ones to have a try, why not?!!Time consuming but still enjoy every moment of it... its kind of fun also... People, if you really want to try making it, make sure u have a electric weigh machine / scale (well... u know for kitchen use) Recipe coming up....
Ingredient for Pingpi skin:
150g Commercial Koh Fun (Cooked Glutinuous Rice Flour)
180g Icing Sugar
50g Vegetable Shortening
Few Drops of Yam Flavour
A drop of Purple Colouring
Few Drops of Green Tea Flavour
1 tsp of Green tea Powder
A drop of Green Colouring
Few Drops of Coconut Flavour
200ml Iced water
300g / 400g Lotus Paste
300g / 400g Pandan Paste
Kua Chi (Pumpkin Seed)
Methods for filling:
1. Mixed the Sliced Almond or Kua Ci together with the Lotus or Pandan Paste.
2. Divide into 20grams each portion.
3. Shape it round, set aside.
Methods for Snowskin :
1. Sieve Koh Fun and icing sugar into a big bowl. Add shortening and mix. (by hand or by using any scoop)
2. Add in Ingredient (B) and mix to form a dough. (What I did is put everything in the cake mixer and let the machine do the mixing.. but make sure the mixer is cover up, so it will be less messy)
3. Pour the dough out and knead it till smooth.
4. Remove and Roll into a long stripe. Scale each portion at 20gm. Shape it round, flatten and wrap the Filling inside (that have been prepared earlier). Repeat process.
5. When all are prepare, placed the readied dough into the koh fun dusted mooncake mould. Press firmly, dislodge imprinted mooncake from mould. Repeat process to the end.